It's the last day of the Australian racing season and if we've learned one thing in the past 12 months it's that Snitzel has well and truly stepped out of the shadow of his champion sire Redoute's Choice.
Whatever way you look at it Snitzel has had a remarkable season and will finish as Champion Australian Sire by earnings, winners and stakes-winners as well as champion 2YO Sire and 3YO Sire.
Arrowfield Stud have provided the following key statistics:
- 29 winners of 36 Group & Listed Races worldwide – inc. 9 2YO SW
- 26 winners of 31 G&L Races in Australia
- 5 Group 1 winners: INVADER, REDZEL & RUSSIAN REVOLUTION (Australia), SUMMER PASSAGE (New Zealand) & HEAVENLY BLUE (South Africa).
- Leading Sire by Aggregate at the Magic Millions ($13.9 million) & Inglis Easter ($21.0 million) Sales
- Five $1 million+ yearlings, top price $1.7 million (achieved twice at Inglis Easter)
- In all, 111 yearlings sold for $41.7 million (Average Price: $375,732).